Domestic Abuse & Sexual Assault Intervention Services (DASI) is our Charity Partner at Sussex Chapter. DASI is a 501(c)3 private, nonprofit organization, established in 1984, providing comprehensive services to survivors of domestic and sexual violence and their families in Sussex County, NJ. Services are free and confidential.
DASI Services are for:
- Domestic Violence Victims/Survivors
- Children Exposed to Domestic Violence
- Sexual Assault/Abuse Survivors
- Helping those concerned about someone they know
- Safe House – When home is not safe
- 24-hour Helpline for assistance, information, support, & referrals
- Supportive Counseling & Groups – You are not alone!
- Supportive accompaniment to hospital, law enforcement proceedings, court hearings – Understand your options!
- Legal, Social Service & Housing Advocacy – Help in getting through the systems
- Safety Planning – Things you might not think of!
- Information & Referrals – Other community resources
- Transitional Living Program – Working toward independence!
- Food Pantry
- Clothing, personal care items
- Transportation (limited)
- Education & Prevention Programs
- Domestic Violence Response Team (DVRT)
- Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
- Volunteer Opportunities
Among their many achievements….
- 2011 U.S. Center for Disease Control, Center for Injury Prevention special recognition of DASI Steppin’ Up teen conference
- 2009 and 1996 – Sussex County Chamber of Commerce Quality in Living Awards
- 2008 U.S. Centers for Disease Control, Center for Injury Prevention & Control special recognition of DASI Steppin’ In2 Manhood Conference for young men
- Boy Scouts of America Patriots’ Path Council 2008 Sussex Tribute to Women Award to Executive Director
- Sussex County Council of Service Agencies 2008 Distinguished Service Award to Executive Director
- Sunshine Lady Foundation 2006 PEACE Award to Director, Batterer Intervention Services
- 2004 The United Nations Association USA Special Recognition Award for Contributions to Women’s Rights, Empowerment and Gender Equity to Executive Director
- 2001 NJ Task Force on Child Abuse and Neglect Beverly Crawford Award to Director of Child Advocacy Services
- 2000 NJ Association of Human Service Directors Award for Best Practice in Human Services in the area of at-risk youth for Safe at Home Children’s Program
- 2000 NJ Association of Human Service Directors Award for Best Practice in Human Services in the area of at-risk youth for the Empowerment Project for teens
- 1998 Project Self Sufficiency Community Achievement Award